If you are tired of paying high premiums for your student car insurance, or if you are the student yourself, the following tips are the best tips to help you get car insurance quotes. Follow these tips for the best quality car insurance at the best prices.
Student Car Insurance
This is common practice for insurance companies, both in the United States and the United Kingdom as well. In fact, in the UK there are agencies that exist solely to find low cost insurance options for student drivers.
The credit score and history for the insured. Credit history plays a role in whether or not auto insurance is granted in order to ensure that insurance is only granted to responsible individuals who can handle the monthly premium payments.First-time car insurance buyers will also need to determine what type of insurance they need. For a car that is financed, you will need full coverage insurance.
1. The type of car you (the student’s driver) have influences the amount of your insurance premium. Four-door sedans are much cheaper to insure than two-door cars. The difference is between $ 20 and $ 40 in a six-month insurance premium. It could cost more if the student is a high risk driver. You will have to pay ten percent more on student car insurance if you drive a four wheel drive van instead of a standard model.
You can get big savings on student car insurance by driving a minivan or better yet, a four-door sedan. Having an older car with little replacement value can result in big insurance savings because physical damage coverage for the car is optional.
The exception to this is if you bought the car with a loan. If you buy this type of car, make sure it is in top condition, or any insurance savings may be offset by higher car maintenance costs.
2. Take a driver’s education course. Most auto insurance companies will give an added discount usually around five percent to students who have taken the driver’s education class or course.
Most of them allow the student to keep the discount until he / she reaches the age of 25 fewer schools that offer driver’s education classes these days so he / she may have to pay for the driver’s education course. a private driver. These can cost anywhere from $ 150 to $ 400.
You can take a cheaper online driving course that will cost less than half of the offline classes. Check with your insurance company and the state department of motor vehicles first to make sure they will accept the class or course before registering. Also make sure they provide you with a certificate of completion.
3. Most auto insurance companies offer a good student discount. His theory is that while in school he will be less likely to get in a car accident. You can save up to twenty percent of your premium. Must have a 3.0 GPA or higher and have a full course load.
4. If you are a college student and plan to take the car away with you to college you can save on other ways as well. Auto insurance premiums are priced according to what is called a risk profile of the geographic area in which it is circulated. Find out from your insurance agent if that area is better than the risk profile of your home area. You can also ask your insurance agent to list your car as “parked” if the college location is better. You can save three to six percent.
5. Make sure you pick up the right deductible. If you have a low deductible you can have high monthly payments. If you want to avoid paying too much for auto insurance get the maximum deductible that fits your budget. You can save up to twenty to twenty six percent on your insurance premiums.